WELCOME TO THE DEPARTMENT OF NEVADA HOME PAGE
Since our charter, our American Legion Department of Nevada has been welcoming VETERANS from all branches of our Armed Forces. Today, we continue to welcome all military personnel serving our country. Joining a Post in our state enables you to continue serving your God, Country and Community. Our mission is to implement the goals, aspirations, dreams, peace and blessings for our country, friends and families embodied in our preamble.
SUPPORT THE DEPARTMENT SO THAT IT CAN ACHIEVE ITS GOALS
AND MAYBE PUT SOME MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
IT’S EASY AND FUN. All you need to do is click on the 300 Club Raffle logo, fill out the form. Then mail the completed form with your check or money order to The American Legion, 737 Veterans Memorial Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89101, Attention 300 Club. And remember you will have 48 chances to win throughout the year.
The “300 Club” Raffle is open ONLY to Nevada's Legionnaires and Sons of the Legion members.
2014/2015 NATIONAL COMMANDER MICHAEL D. HELM
Michael D. Helm was elected national commander of the 2.4 million-member American Legion on Aug. 28, 2014 in Charlotte, N.C., during the 96th national convention of the nation’s largest veterans organization.
To Visit the Western Region Web Site Click here
~To our World War II & Korean Veterans who are interested in visiting War Era Memorial
please click on link to apply~
What The American Legion Does:
- Processes more than 600 disability claims appeals per month for veterans trying to get their VA medical benefits.
- Gives emergency financial assistance to Legion Families hit by Hurricanes, floods, tornadoes and other disasters.
- Urges Congress to provide enough VA funding to take care of veterans' medical needs - and provide it in advance.
- Awards college scholarships to children whose mothers or fathers have sacrificed their lives in the global war on terrorism.
- Volunteers about one million hours every year at about 160 VA Medical Facilities nationwide.
- Helps familes of deployed troops through the Family Support Network and Operation Military Family Outreach.
- Through its Temporary Financial Assistance program, helps the children of veterans who are suffering hardships.
- Donates about 100,000 pints of blood annually to the American Red Cross.
- Lobbies Congress to upgrade and improve Post-9/11 GI Bill education benefits (Legion wrote the original 1944 GI Bill that educated 8 million veterans).
- Through its Heroes To Hometowns program works with communities to welcome back their returning veterans and help them make the transition to civilian life.
- Sponsors more than 5,000 American Legion Baseball Teams, which are made up by more than 100,000 ballplayers.
- Raises funds to improve quality of life for active duty troops with the Wounded Warrior Recognition Program and Operation Comfort Warriors.
- Offers community programs that encourage the intellectual and social growth of America's children (Boys State, National Oratorical Competition, Boy Scouts).
To find out much more about what The American Legion does, please visit www.legion.org
To the wonderful patriotic citizens of Nevada Thank You. Join in the support of a Post as a Booster or sponsor. 100% of the monies raised are given back to the community. Help us to continue sponsoring Scholarships for our children; give aid and assistance to our local needy Veterans and their families. Help us to continue to support financially worthy community programs and projects.